Thursday 30 July 2009

Impressions: Left 4 Dead

I'm a bit late to the party with this one I guess, the second one is just around the corner and I'm just trying this one out. I'd played the demo version on Xbox Live when it was first released and didn't think much of it. This week I've been fairly desperate to find a game to play to keep myself busy so I picked it up for PC this time and the difference is huge.

One of the funnest FPS multiplayer games I've played in a while.

I only played one of the campaigns but it was very well put together, some of the scripted events were brilliant. I usually play FPS games on console so I'm used to 13 year olds screaming in my years because I'm not doing what they want me to, or I'm just pwning them. Wasn't the case with L4D (at least so far...) I explained to the team I was a noob and they accepted it, I quickly learnt the ropes and we were on our way.

Teamwork played a huge role in the game, running off on your own or hording med packs just doesn't work, staying together and watching each others backs was the only way to go. I noticed it straight away with the guys I was playing with, nobody knew anyone in the group yet we played like we'd known each other years, sounds corny but you get the point, the game forces you to play nice.

I've only played the Dead Air campaign but I'm looking forward to the others. I'm not usually an achievement whore but I've a feeling I'll be trying to get as many as I can in this. I moaned about this game when I first heard there was only 4 campaigns on the disc, saying that it wasn't worth the money, I take it back now. I can imagine going back over these campaigns on different difficulties to 100% it.

For anyone who hasn't played it and is looking for a game to play, definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment