Saturday 18 July 2009

I'm seriously losing faith...

I recently wrote a blog about the acceptable rate of information and hype for MMO's. I used Cryptic as the bad end of the spectrum for releasing information. I also mentioned that they have been taking peoples complaints about this on board and been working to get information out to us at a faster rate...Well it's been a good month since they promised that and we've still got diddly squat.

Meanwhile Bioware have been releasing trailer after trailer for The Old Republic, they may not show too much in-game footage but I think they have the right idea about keeping peoples interest on the game. Video grabs peoples attentions faster than anything else.

Both games were announced around the same time as each other. STO has it's debut trailer and a character creator video, TOR has 9 videos related to the game, with the latest showing us gameplay from the perspective of the player which includes UI and skills.



I know a lot of people hate the thought of comparing these two games games because of their genre and I agree, the games are completely different from each other but I'm comparing them development wise. Cryptic are an MMO based company, Bioware are an RPG based one. So far Bioware are dominating.

If I was to choose Star Trek or Star Wars it would be Star Trek first but if I was asked to pick between STO and TOR I think TOR has the advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment