Saturday 18 July 2009

Mac: Movie Editing and Rendering with iMovie

I've been planning on testing out a good few features on the mac that I will eventually be using on a regular basis starting from September onwards.

Mac OSX is shipped with a collection of programs called iLife which includes software to edit photos, create websites and make movies. I decided I'd check out iMovie first because I like to upload videos of different games to YouTube.

I didn't have any games that needed recording so I decided I'd just take some random footage of the view out of the various windows of my house with my Lumix TZ5 in HD mode.

This is what I came up with



I apologise for how cheesy the opening and ending are but I couldn't help myself :P

iMovie seems pretty good, I need to look up a few tutorials to get my head around adding effects and transitions but overall I think it has everything I need for my videos. I encoded the video at 1280x720 for HD viewing and it took less than 4 minutes to encode which is fantastic, my PC took about 30 minutes on the same length video with same settings using Sony Vegas.

Extremely happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment