Saturday 18 July 2009

Mac: Gaming

So this morning I decided I'd take the time out and install Windows 7 via Bootcamp on my Macbook so I could try out a few games. I traveled up to Northern Ireland yesterday looking to pick up a few cheap things.

Stupidly I used a €50 note and got back the change in pounds so I decided I had to spend those pounds before I left and so my great plan came. I picked up a few games over the spectrum in regards to the specs needed to run them with the idea of testing them on my Macbook Pro.

Here's what I picked up from lowest to highest spec
  • Starcraft
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • AudioSurf
  • Universe at War
  • Shaun White Snowboarding
I know that some of these might not be instantly recognizable as great games but I was on a budget and was going for specs.

On that subject the spec Macbook that I picked up is the following
  • 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo
  • 4GB Memory
  • 500 GB Hard Drive
  • Nvidia Geforce 9400m + 9600m GT 512mb memory
Check back over the coming days to check my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment