Sunday 28 June 2009

Web applications intergrating with MMO's

@Jess_Gaming has brought to my attention the awesomeness of being able to send tweets from inside Champions Online by simply typing /tweet

I'm a major fan of these things. It makes business sense to keep players from having to leave the game to do certain things while at the same time they are great little features that aren't absolutely necessary but a nice touch all the same.

A Web browser would be nice, EvE has one as far as I know. The ability to record a short video and upload directly to video sharing websites like Youtube and Vimeo. MMO's are at heart a social community much like Bebo and Facebook are so having the tools to share certain things and expand that community make sense.

I think it's a safe bet to say that Star Trek Online will have the /tweet command as well which is awesome :D

What other kinds of things would you like to see or do you think these things are completely unnecessary? Leave a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I think what would be very cool would be for Star Trek Online to not just integrate with social platforms directly, but to also have an API that people can use to access data remotely.

    Want to build a clan site with live clan stats? No problem! Just connect to the official API, give your API key, and you're in!

    I, personally, would love to have something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love direct API access to be able to post character information directly to a blog I could be keeping for my character. As I do atm for FFXI.

    ReplyDelete