Sunday 28 June 2009

To Tweet or not to Tweet...

I guess it's safe to admit it, although it was probably obvious. I'm a Twitter addict. Logging into the website every time I wanted to write a message was getting old fast so I decided I'd use a client to deal with it instead. The first one I came across was....

Spaz:
Straight away I really liked Spaz, it was very simple and pretty much had no problems with it, it did everything you'd expect. Although watch out for when you make a tweet with exactly 140 characters...caught me off guard is all I'll say.

Spaz did a good job for when I was just randomly spouting off about random things I was doing during the day but then things got a bit serious...Finding a lot of information through Twitter so I needed something that could keep track of it a bit better...

TweetDeck:
Hands down TweetDeck is pretty damn good, having the ability to group people together and having separate timelines for friends/mentions/direct messages was a brilliant idea. Unfortunately there is one problem that is very annoying. As of right now, there is no way to minimise it to the system tray so you're stuck with it on the taskbar.

I tweeted this and ended up getting a reply from @demonicpagan who brought my attention to another client with was similar to TweetDeck but had the ability to be themed and it also minimised to the system tray.

DestroyTwitter:
Straight off the bat I really liked the design of DestroyTwitter it just looked flashier than TweetDeck and Spaz, had the same 3 panel timeline. I started playing around with the options and got everything working but I noticed one thing that really annoyed me....with the wide setting the area where you input text didn't stretch with the window and it also had to be called up by pressing the button...couldn't find a shortcut key.

So after a good thirty minutes thinking + 30 minutes writing this and editing, I've come to my conclusion.

TweetDeck Wins!

It's up to the devs now to implement a minimise to tray option to make it awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found one. Until TweetDeck implements the minimize to tray feature, I'll stick with DestroyTwitter so my taskbar isn't so cluttered.

    ReplyDelete