Monday 22 June 2009

STO: Question Analysis 5

On the 16th of this month Craig Zinkievich took the time time out to answer some questions about in-game movement. Today I'm going to take a closer look at one of the questions and his answer.
Question: In 3D Space view (not mapview) What is the Ceiling/floor Height Size/Scale?
I was absolutely stunned by the answer of this. I expected each sector of system to be fairly small but if one person is at one end of an axis can't see another person at the other, that makes it huge!

I was delighted to hear this. I have absolutely no complaints about this and I think it will make for very interesting PvP encounters in the neutral zone.

Let's just hope that Cryptic can populate each area with enough quests/scenery/content to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment