Sunday 21 June 2009

FFXIV Races: Hume

In MMO's I usually end up going for the Human race simply because I like the idea of being a human in a fantasy setting. It didn't appeal to me in FFXI though. I'd read up about them before getting into the game and they just seemed very bland.

To Square-Enix's benefit they did go a different way with the Hume back story to what most other MMO's give humans. Industrialists at heart with Bastok their home city being the pride and joy of the race. It's just a pity that Bastok wasn't a visually pleasing place.

Sometimes I can be a bit hard on the graphics for this game, I know it's 5 years old now but even back then it wasn't a very pretty game when it came landscapes.

So my hope for the fate of Humes in FFXIV if they have the same back story is to give them a city that reflects their industrial will, maybe like Ironforge or Gnomeregan in World of Warcraft. I'd like to see their quest line directly related to this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment