Monday 22 June 2009

The Spiral of Doom

The last week or so I've gone on a complete MMO binge. Besides checking out STO's forums and chatting in IRC with other fans I generally don't pay attention to other games in the genre. Not this week though...

Firstly I went back to play a bit of Final Fantasy XI which I only intended on playing for a few hours, nothing intense. Because of having trouble with patches and installing my friend and I decided to watch The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I think it was around the time that Frodo got to Rivendale that Lord of the Rings Online had come into my head and I was quickly signing up for the trial.

We had no luck at all with MMO's that night because the installer I had downloaded was corrupted so it all had to be downloaded again. So I got to watch my friend play it on his laptop. I don't think he was too impressed with it. I played the next day by myself and thought it wasn't too bad, but nto a game I'd play full time.

While I watched my friend play another MMO slowly crept into the back of my mind, one that I've played many times before but I always seem to crawl back to.


I tried to keep the idea out of my head but the next day when I went into town to look around I found this


€17.99 for the game + Burning Crusade + 2 Prima strategy guides. I had no use for the strategy guides since I've nearly played both Horde and Alliance to death but both games for that price. You might as well say I paid €5 for the game since a subscription is €12.99 and you get 30 days free.

Let's see where I can get to before the month runs out...

No comments:

Post a Comment