Thursday 22 October 2009

What a day

So I got a special email today which I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to talk about it so I won't divulge but I'm sure people can take a guess what it was which prompted me to go out and upgrade my processor. So after class I went into a PC store and picked up a Quad Core 2.33ghz which I assumed would be compatible with my motherboard since they shared the same slot.

Guess again...

I got home and installed it and it turned out that it didn't work, so I went about putting back in my old processor and the I think I broke the fan or something because it just died, gone like a fart in the wind.

Not having much money I freaked out a bit, 90% of my college work was on the computer and with a certain event happening tonight which required my PC, I went back out and picked up the cheapest motherboard that was compatible with all my stuff which came to €65. I got home and put it all together and after a few little problems everything is working again.

Overall I think I spent about 3 hours sorting this out when it really should have been a 10 minute job. I think I've had enough with building PC's for a while :P

Gotta say thanks to the guys in AoA who helped me out along the way, I'd have probably curled up and died without their guidance ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice, its almost a plot for a film!

    I know the AoA guys and girls have helped me a lot over the last six months or so

    ReplyDelete