Thursday 8 October 2009

Updates, Updates, Updates!

So I've got nothing new to show as of yet, I've been working hard on 3 assignments that once I get out of the way I'll be able to check out some gaming stuff. Uncharted 2 is out next week too which I'm really looking forward to, it's getting some great reviews so I hope it lives up to my expectations.

So yeah, 3 assignments, one is a presentation which I've finished and I'm just waiting to get out of the way, another is a character design sheet which I'm finding pretty hard, I've no problem designing the actual character, it's explaining why I used such and such a color which has me going slow, the last is a website which is pretty much finished, just needs some polish and a spell check and it could go live.

I've an "unofficial" project going on with my 3D stuff which is designing a room, I decided to model my bedroom, its nearly finished I need to add in a few more things and it'll be good to go. We're touching on texturing and mapping next week which I'm really looking forward to.

One thing which has disappointed me though is the Java. We finally got on to things like text fields, buttons and basic input, unfortunately though since we're doing things via applets it's a pile of crap. Can't position buttons like you would anything else which means they have to be on the top line of the applet, I've been told there are ways of moving it, but it's nothing we'll be covering in our module which sucks balls.

Overall things are going well and I'm sorry for not keeping things up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment