Thursday 24 September 2009

New FFXIV trailer

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to check out some of the TGS news, I haven't heard of any ground breaking news so I don't think I've missed too much. It's nice to get a new trailer for XIV too which you can view below



Even if it was only cinematic sequences the world did look very populated in the bar which is great, FFXI always suffered from feeling barren as if people didn't really live in the places they lived, there was a bit of gameplay footage spliced in too but nothing we haven't seen before.

I really get the feeling that story is going to play an important part this time around. FFXIV had it's main storyline but I never felt too involved with it and there was no real direction towards it either, I remember finding out by pure fluke and went about doing the quests.

I was actually quite surprised by the music, it was a Uematsu song all over but I don't think it really suited the trailer, by itself it was fine but otherwise I'm not so sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing more gameplay footage and basic gameplay mechanics in the future but so far Square Enix seem like they're on the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment