Friday 21 August 2009

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Well well well, I know last month I said I was finished with my addiction to Warcrack but Blizzard have gone and done it again by officially announcing the next expansion for WoW called "Cataclysm"

What really catches my attention about this one is, instead of adding more end game content, they've decided to go back and redesign some of the core areas of Azeroth and rebalance some places for the new players to make it easier to get to Lich King content.

The highest level I managed to get to was 65-67 (I can't remember the exact level) before WOTLK was released and I've always found that I enjoyed the lower levels the most, simply because leveling is faster, you go to more areas more frequently and things are cheaper so I'm glad that Blizzard have seen things from my point of view and are trying to make the journey faster.

So far we have confirmed news that there will be 2 new races, Worgen for the Alliance and Goblins for the Horde. The level cap has been raised to 85 and that Azeroth is to be redesigned to make gameplay more fluid and easier to go up in levels.

Blizzard will be holding a panel on the subject of the future of WoW later today so hopefully more information will come but for now, prepare to reactivate your WoW accounts :P

No comments:

Post a Comment