Monday 17 August 2009

FFXIV: Classes

Ever since we gathered all that information for XIV the other week one thing has been playing on my mind and that's been how certain classes are going to work. I think its safe to assume that there will be more classes than was announced in Famitsu but right now the one that has me thinking is "The Path of the Gatherer" which is to include the Gardener and Fisherman classes.

Compared to the other two paths we know of at the moment (Fighter and Sorcerer) the Gatherer sticks out. Most MMO's have there share of professions that you can learn like mining, fishing, herb gathering etc, but I haven't seen an MMO that has given an entire class to it. Square Enix have gone on record to say that this incarnation of Final Fantasy will be on the more casual side compared to it's older brother XI but I wonder if they might be going a bit overboard.

Unless there is some big mechanic to the Gatherer classes that I'm not getting, I think it will end up being too limited to be a class rather than a profession of some sort. Lets hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment