Monday 13 July 2009

Yum...Apples

I remember back in the mid to late 90's it was pretty embarrassing to have a Mac, they were the artsy computer that couldn't do anything or more specifically it couldn't play any games. I remember a friend who's dad promised him a PC if he did well in school, he studied up and got those good grades, only to have a Mac waiting for him. He wasn't very happy.

Today is a completely different story, Apple as a whole is a very popular company and is slowly gaining a foothold in the PC market again. Simply put it's popular to use Apple products, I've been watching from a far and contemplated getting one every so often but ended up putting it down because they could play games or they were very limited with 3rd party applications.

Bootcamp seems to have cleared a lot of the fuss up now since Mac's are based on Intel technology, Windows can be installed and run in a dual boot setup, which settles the application side of things and the 2009 models of the Macbook Pro come with dedicated Geforce 9600m GT graphics cards for gaming.

Since I'll be going back to college to study Games Design in September a new laptop would be useful for work, since Mac's are supposed to be good with media editing...and stuff.... so I decided to buy one...


Apple were doing a deal where if you bought a computer you could get an iPod Touch practically free so I got one of those too


So to commemorate me buying a Macbook Pro and an iPod Touch I've decided to add a new section to the blog for all things Apple, once I get back onto my PC I'll update with the new banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment