Tuesday 14 July 2009

What's on my Dock

I've decided to show what I've got running on my dock at the moment for anyone who might be thinking about changing over to Macs in the near future. So far I've found these programs to be the most useful and they are as close as you're going to get to their PC equivalents

I can't take the credit for this idea since it's all over YouTube. Until I get some screen capture software sorted out a blog post will have to do.

Firefox: I think everyone knows what this is, at least I hope you do.. It works nearly identically to the PC version and is just as secure.

TweetDeck: People who speak to me through AoA or #STO know that I sure do like to use twitter, again this program is pretty much identical to the PC version so it's just as useful.

Colloquy: Thanks to the guys in AoA who put me on to this one. I used to use Chatzilla which is an IRC plugin for Firefox, I found it a bit harder to use with the layout of Leopard so I changed to Colloquy which so far has been great, nice use of styles and there's options to use scripts too, highly recommended.

iMail:
Forgive me if that's not the correct name - I used to use google talk to keep track of new emails coming in but since there isn't a version for OSX I've been using this. I'm still importing my emails at the moment which is taking a long time (4000+ emails and counting)

iChat: As I said, Google Talk isn't compatible with OSX so iChat is the next best thing, I haven't had any problems with it.

iAntiVirus:
A lot of people think that Mac's can't get virus' well they're wrong! iAntiVirus is free and very lightweight. Definitely worth picking up.

There are other things on my dock but they are applications that where there already and I haven't even touched yet, so check back soon for when I eventually get to them

No comments:

Post a Comment