Friday 17 July 2009

Looks like we're getting the shit end of the stick again

Most people in Europe are used to getting thing a bit more expensive when it comes to gaming. A good example would be Rock Band. This game was delayed over 6 months in Europe and when we finally got news of it hitting, the game (including all instruments) was €200+, about 50 euro more expensive than it was when it launched in the states.

It seems the same will be happening with Modern Warfare 2.

The UK edition of the standard edition of the game is going to be £55. That might not sound bad to any of my Irish readers considering we pay €60 for new releases, in the UK they are usually £40 or less. "The Prestige Edition" is going to cost a whopping £120 which equals roughly 130 euro.

I said in my earlier blog that I would be buying it...it could still be true since I really want me some night vision goggles, but €130 is a lot, plus we will most likely get it bumped up to €150 just because we're Irish.

Anyone else planning on getting this or am I the only one who can't see a reason to own night vision goggles? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment