Monday 6 July 2009

Brent Spiner has me blocked on Twitter!

Where do I begin... It's kind of heartbreaking to think that an actor who I've followed since I was about 5 years old took the time out to send me a direct message to tell me that he was blocking me on twitter.

I guess it was my fault really so here's what happened.

It all started very innocently, Brent Spiner is known for his eccentric tweets where he usually speaks about himself in the third person or in this case he was talking about his reflection in a mirror. Not expecting to get a reply from him I just said to my friends/followers that his material might be getting a bit old.

The next thing I know, I get a pop-up on the bottom right of my screen "Direct Message from Brent Spiner" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I'm not a lunatic stalker fan but someone I've watched on T.V most my life took the time out to say something directly to me.

Instead of telling you what he said I'm going to post a screenshot.

I was delighted about it at first, thinking wow someone "famous" spoke to me but then I actually read what he said, eventually it dawned on me that I'd been blocked and the bitterness snuck over me. I guess I must have hit a nerve saying that his stuff is getting old.

It's a bittersweet affair. The man who played Data on TNG spoke to me, but only to tell me that he was blocking me on Twitter.

Thanks to all the people on twitter for their messages and support, I think I'll survive :P

2 comments: