Friday 26 June 2009

STO: Question 7 Analysis

On the 16th of this month Craig Zinkievich took the time time out to answer some questions about in-game movement. Today I'm going to take a closer look at one of the questions and his answer.
Question: Movement has been described as a sort of 2dimensional map thing, which doesn't really sound all that exciting graphically. Are we at least going to see warp outs?
Craig dodged this one I think. He apologised that it has so far been described as 2D when in fact it's 3D. He mentioned being able to hide behind space debris and using all axis' but didn't go into much detail. Rekhan moved on quickly to the next question.

I'm glad that it is 3D but I'm still not convinced or to be honest happy about the map system. I can't really judge it right, I think once some screenshots and definitely a video showing it off is released I'll be able to put my mind at rest.

On the flip side it could be one of those game breaking moments where if it goes south I could end up not liking STO...

No comments:

Post a Comment