Tuesday 23 June 2009

FFXIV Races: Galka

The Galka along with the Tarutaru are probably the two most recognisable races from FFXI on their appearance alone. I only played as a Galka for a very short period because they suffered the same fate as the Mithra. They shared Bastok with the Humes.

Why Square-Enix couldn't give each race their own city and quest line is beyond me, from a storyline point of view I automatically assume that if they aren't important enough to have their own city then they aren't important enough for me to invest my time in.

I'd really like to see the Galka take a more centric role in the plot for FFXIV this time around, give them their own city and a grand tale with a deep back story.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting post, but I have to disagree with you in a few regards.

    The Galka did have their own city in FFXI, it even had a grand storyline. It simply was over before FFXI starts. The Mithra have their own homeland/cities too, you just don't get to start with them.

    Also, we still don't know if they are going to be called "Galka" in FFXIV. They said the races would look similar to make FFXI players feel more comfortable, but that they were new races entirely. This means they'll probably have different names..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I should have made clear, my bad. I meant that they should have had their own city in the game, I didn't mean the lore.

    I just felt that the Mithra and Galka were just their to fill up some space instead of having a major impact everything.

    ReplyDelete