Wednesday 1 September 2010

Improvements I'd like to see in Borderlands 2

Borderlands is just over a year out at this stage and Gearbox have released 3 DLC packs with another one to be released in a few weeks. I originally played it on PC at launch and I got bored of it very quickly. It's only in the last few weeks that my cousin decided to buy it for the 360 and I ended up playing it with him too and for some reason I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around.

We're currently working through the Secret Armoury DLC pack and should be finished soon.

Gearbox have said that the next pack is to be the last which brings up a lot of speculations and rumours that they might be working on a sequel. As much as I'm enjoying the game it definitely does have it's faults. So what would I like to see added/removed/changed?
  • Ammo and cash should automatically be picked up if it can be used instead of having to pick up each clip individually.
  • Better collision detection for vehicles. So many times I've nudged a wall and gotten stuck in the scenery.
  • Make it easier to distinguish between gun types.
  • Instead of having set characters, let the player create their avatar and then choose a class.
  • Bigger variety and more distinct differences in classes. (Healer/Gunner/Engineer/Ranged etc)
  • Ability for players to be in different zones in the same game.
  • Better level scaling.
  • Player pets. (Claptrap, Rakk or Skag could have different pros/cons)
  • Better overall story.
  • Add an auction house or trading post system to swap equipment with different players
  • Add a crafting system.
  • Add a World Map and a personal waypoint system.
People might argue that what I'm really looking for is an MMO but I think Gearbox are really on to something with this sub-genre FPS-RPG and this would be a good way forward for them.

It probably won't be long until we find out if they truly are working on the sequel, my bets are that we will get an announcement at E3 next year at the latest (or maybe even PAX this year?) We have the next DLC to look forward to first anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment