Thursday 28 January 2010

I love solving old problems!

Something that has always annoyed me about using the macbook is that the " and @ signs were always mixed up. Apparently Apple doesn't know what an Irish keyboard layout is. I spent hours looking for a solution to it, apparently one guy made some kind of hotfix for it but I couldn't get it working. I've also seen guides on setting up custom keystrokes to fix it but nothing really worked.

Today my friends I've finally found the solution. For some reason I decided to start looking around for a fix again today and funnily enough it was one of the first pages I checked.

I had to download an additional keyboard layout (from Microsoft) which switched them around properly.

I've also installed VMware so I can get back to work with my Java and HTML work.

No comments:

Post a Comment