Thursday 12 November 2009

Bit late to the party

So Star Trek Online gets it's release date! I'm a bit annoyed that the EU has to wait 3 more days to play but I guess I'll survive.

February 5th!

I'm going to have a few projects to work on around that time so my playtime could be restricted until I get my midterm and then on to the summer holidays.

Modern Warfare 2 came out two nights ago and it's probably the reason why I haven't written this earlier. It's so damn addictive I can't stop playing it. Even when you ragequit, you find yourself back playing again within 5-10 minutes.

[SPOILERS]

It's been getting a lot of publicity because of it's violence, more specifically I think people are getting "upset" about the airport level. It is a bit on the nose and I'm sure there could be people who would take offense or be very upset by it but Infinity Ward gives you the opportunity to skip the level when you start the campaign and even warns you twice.

Basically you play as a terrorist. You get to shoot up an Airport of innocent people as an undercover CIA agent. You don't actually have to shoot anybody, you can just walk through the airport and let your terrorist friends do the dirty work so you can always say you didn't kill anyone.

Me on the other hand, I killed every last person and enjoyed it. It's a game and no I don't have any homicidal thoughts and no, I'm not a terrorist. The game has an 18's (mature) rating for a reason. Infinity Ward do cover their asses at the end of the level though and the bad guy actually shoots you dead for your "bad deeds"

[END OF SPOILERS]

The multiplayer is fantastic and is a lot more fleshed out than CoD4. Better balance, more perks, more levels and loads of maps to play on. It will definitely keep people playing for years.

On a more personal level, I've handed in a few assignments and done a programming test, things are going good.

Cya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment