Saturday 24 October 2009

My Poor Computer...

I think the announcement of the STO beta scared the living crap out of my PC because it's had nothing but problems since.

I somehow got a virus that completely disabled my PC, it installed something called "Antivirus System Pro" which wouldn't let me open Task Manager or anything that could be useful to stopping it because it was "infected", I managed to get rid of it after a few hours of desperate searching on forums and websites but it had already done its damage.

My sound card and network card wouldn't work after it. I tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling them, updating them. In the end it just made sense to wipe the computer and start fresh. I needed to clean my HDD anyway so I went ahead and did it.

I forgot to transfer a few files that I needed but overall all my media and important stuff was backed up on my external drive so no major harm done.

1 comment: