Friday 7 August 2009

FFXIV: Music

With most MMO's that I play, within a few hours or so I find myself turning down the music of the game so I can listen to some of my own music while I go off on an adventure. FFXI was one game I didn't simply because I love that style of music. FFXIV has double the incentive this time around as Nobou Uematsu is scoring the entire soundtrack.

So far we only have 1/2 songs to go by. The one that was in the trailer and the one that plays on the official website, both have similar tunes but are a bit different. I like the theme being used, a proud nation feel to it and thats how I think a lot of FFXI players want to feel about the game.

Nobou hasn't failed to impress me yet when it comes to composing video games and I have very little doubt that he will make a mistake this time around either. Lets see how many nods to the other games we'll here this time around. I expect Chocobo, level up and of course the staff credits/FFXII opening theme somewhere in there.

Don't forget to check out the Official Final Fantasy XIV website to hear that music and also to check out the plethora of information just released.

No comments:

Post a Comment