Tuesday 4 August 2009

FFXIV: Faction v Faction?

One thing that I think was missing from FFXI was faction versus faction. The only thing I remember was controlling certain areas by fighting there which wasn't very useful from what I could tell. I know that the game was all about coming together to defeat a common foe but I found that it defeated the purpose of having different factions/countries in the game unless there was a possible conflict or advantage/disadvantage that could come from it.

With it being confirmed that each race will have a different name and story than they did in FFXI, it's probably a safe bet to say that there could be new countries which gives S-E a perfect opportunity to give us some kind of conflict.

I hate to constantly bring up WoW but one great explain of how it could work is the town of Halaa in Nagrand. Constantly in a state of faction change due to players fighting for it, this is the kind of thing I'd like to see when I play FFXIV, fighting for the territory instead of it being decided for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment