Wednesday 17 June 2009

STO: Question Analysis 1

On the 16th of this month Craig Zinkievich took the time time out to answer some questions about in-game movement. Today I'm going to take a closer look at one of the questions and his answer.
Question: How extensive is space flight movement?
This is probably the main question on most peoples minds. Craig's answer didn't surprise me all that much "no barrel rolls but extensive pitch movement" Which I guess is fair. Star Trek has never been the series for dogfights except in some rare instances with the defiant and maybe some Klingon Bird of Preys. Most ships are too big for those kinds of movements and would probably snap under their own weight.

The only ships which would benefit from these kind of maneuvers would be like I said defiant class and Klingon Bird of Prey's which already have the benefit of being small, giving them the ability to literally run rings around the bigger ships might be a tad bit overkill.

Some people might disagree with me on that but I don't think it will make much a difference once people start getting their combat tactics into place. I'm already thinking up some of my own for PvP of all things!

Craig summed it up nicely here
"Movement and positioning is a large portion of the gameplay, but not all of it by any stretch."
So there we have it. If you disagree or have something to add, leave a comment below!

Check back soon for the next question analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment