Saturday 20 June 2009

FFXIV: Chocobos

Everyone knows Chocobo's

There's no getting around them, every Final Fantasy has them including FFXI and hopefully FFXIV. What we don't want is to rent one, instead we should own one! I remember the time I spent on that damn quest in XI to gain my chocobo license.

For those of you who might not know about this quest, let me explain for you.

You are given the quest of trying to nurse a sick chocobo back to health. You have to feed him once an in-game day which is 1 hour real time. The first 2 times you try to feed him he rejects the food, but then the next 4 times he takes it, with the 4th being the final one before he is better. That is 6 hours real time for 1 quest to rent a chocobo.

I can't speak for many other MMO's that were released before or around FFXI but I don't like the idea of renting a mount, especially after spending 6 hours to get a license to do it.

I think it will a major disappointment if we cannot own a mount this time around in XIV and I know a lot of people players complained about this in XI so it's up to Square-Enix to listen to the fans and take it on board.

Give us our own chocobos!

No comments:

Post a Comment